Probate Lawyers in Maryland and Pennsylvania
Hiring a probate lawyer in Maryland or Pennsylvania provides much needed assistance for the distribution of assets, payment of expenses and general administration of an estate after a loved one passes, whether with or without a will.
With our experienced attorneys and staff, we can significantly reduce the burden and time consuming responsibilities of administering an estate for the Personal Representative or executor of the estate.
What happens during the probate process?
1. The estate is opened by filing paperwork with the Register of Wills.
2. Heirs are notified and a Notice to Creditors is published in the newspaper.
3. Assets belonging to the deceased are inventoried.
4. An estate bank account is opened.
5. Fees, taxes, debts and claims are analyzed and paid as appropriate.
6. Income and dividends are received, and invested in the proper circumstances.
7. Various documents are filed with the Register of Wills as required by law within certain time frames.
8. Tax returns including income, estate, inheritance and fiduciary, are filed as necessary.
9. Distribution of property to heirs at the conclusion of administration.
Our team of probate lawyers here at Hoffman, Comfort, Offutt, Scott & Halstad, LLP will help you through the entire probate process. We’ll put our knowledge of Maryland and Pennsylvania laws, and understanding of the probate process to work for you.
To ask questions or learn more about how we can help you with this process, please call our office at 410-848-4444.