Dedicated Westminster & Carroll County Personal Injury Lawyers You Can Rely On
If you’re facing the difficult aftermath of a serious personal injury or the unexpected death of a loved one, attorney Rick Offutt can help. A partner of Hoffman, Comfort, Offutt, Scott & Halstad, LLP, he has handled the majority of the firm’s personal injury cases in Westminster, Carroll County and Central Maryland since 1982. His extensive representation includes cases involving vehicular accidents, premises liability and negligence. Mr. Offutt’s knowledge of insurance industry practices and case valuation allows him to negotiate the best possible settlements for his clients. In the event a settlement cannot be reached, he is also willing and able to fight for your best interests in court.
Hoffman, Comfort, Offutt, Scott & Halstad, LLP handles a variety of cases arising from traffic accidents, premises liability and negligence. We thoroughly review the circumstances of your particular case to determine liability and just compensation for the following kinds of personal injury:
- Auto and truck accidents — If you’ve been injured in an automobile or truck accident in Westminster, Carroll County or central Maryland, we review the facts of your case, gather evidence to determine who was at fault and help you reach a just resolution in or out of the courtroom.
- Trips, slips, and fall accidents — In Westminster, Carroll County and Central Maryland, slips and fall accidents can happen at stores, restaurants and other places of business due to uneven carpeting, icy sidewalks, and other hazards. In some cases, a property owner may be held liable for injuries that result from his failure to maintain his property safely.
- Wrongful death — If a loved one has died because of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, family members including children, life partners or spouses may be entitled to recover damages for both financial and emotional losses.
- Pedestrian accidents — Injuries sometimes occur in construction areas or on city streets and sidewalks that are not properly maintained. We can help you determine liability and recover losses that resulted from your injuries.
- Premises liability — Visitors to a place of business have a reasonable expectation of personal safety. If an accident is caused by negligence on the part of a property owner, he or she may be held liable.
- Products liability — Manufacturers and sellers are potentially liable for injuries caused by defective products, from household appliances and toys to prescription medications and vehicles. We look at all the case facts and protect your best interests in settlement negotiations or in the courtroom.
Carroll County Personal Injury Law Firm
When you or a family member is injured because of someone else’s carelessness or negligence, the law firm of Hoffman, Comfort, Offutt, Scott & Halstad, LLP offers caring and experienced legal representation.
Call attorney Rick Offutt at (410) 848-4444 or contact him online to schedule your consultation following your personal injury accident. We offer contingent fee arrangements so you owe no attorney’s fee or expenses unless and until we recover compensation for you. If your injury prevents you from coming to our office, Mr. Offutt will make arrangements to come to you.